[Noisebridge-discuss] Gender & Technology followups from 5Mof

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:54:49 UTC 2009

I had a blast at tonight's 5ive Minutes of Fame; huge thanks to
aestetix and Ani for telling me about it and inviting me to do a talk!

Thanks also to the many people who gave me great feedback afterwards.
Many of you seemed interested in the related resources about this
topic that I've got, so I wanted to pass along those links.

As I mentioned, I gave a 50 minute presentation at the Sex 2.0
conference in Washington DC a few months back that opened with the 5-
minute presentation you saw me do tonight but then went very in-depth
with regards to the issues raised by many of the examples. You can
find this video at

http://blip.tv/file/2107646/

(Skip to about 7 minutes in to get to the start of the in-depth
examples.)

Also, all of the materials used in the presentation along with the
presentation itself are CC-BY-NC licensed, and you can download a copy
of the presentation slides in Keynote, PowerPoint, or PDF format from
my blog post at

http://maymay.net/blog/2009/01/22/gender-and-technology-at-ignitesydney-with-presentation-slides/

Thanks again to everyone for making tonight so much fun. :)

Cheers,
-Meitar "maymay"

Some other places to find interesting stuff involving me and my work,
usually in one of my many email signatures:

(Sex) Blog: http://maybemaimed.com
Community: http://wiki.KinkForAll.org
Volunteering: http://ConversioVirium.org/author/maymay