[Noisebridge-discuss] opportunity for city-sponsored block party w/ no paperwork Oct 17th [Fwd: [Pirate Cat Radio] On Hold: Block Party]

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 03:26:40 UTC 2009

Noisebridge now has the opportunity to host a city-sponsored block party on
Oct 17th, and the paperwork has all already been done.

Remember I forwarded that thing about how the city is providing grants for
security and barricades to hold Anniversary-of-the-Earthquake block parties?
Did I mention that Pirate Cat secured a block grant for Oct 17th?

Well, Pirate Cat is presently overrun by WACK JOBS who can't smell a good
opportunity a nanometer from their noses.  Drama among ministers has driven
it all rapidly into the ground.

But Aaron, the guy who secured the grant in the first place, is my BFF.

He says the grant is transferable to another block, under the following
scenario:

aaron lazenby 8:16 PM
I'll need to call the city to tell them I couldn't "get approval from the
neighbors" on 21st and Florida
16:58
but, that we've been able to find another host block
17:31
so by changing just a few fields on the application, move the same party to
a new location
17:55
but, I'll need a site map from you
18:06
that shows the city what will be where
18:12
tables, stages, etc.
18:28
They may ask for a new application, but it's very short
18:52
We're on the dockett for a public hearing the first week of Oct...that the
most important thing
19:00
loose that, and the party is off

SO... what do you hax0rz say?  Can we push the fundraising party that was
too soon over to a block party (perhaps along Capp between 18th and 19th)
that's just the right amount of time to promote if we start NOW?

Definitely a limited time offer...

--Naomi