[Noisebridge-discuss] [JOB] -- some web work for Scientists Are The New Rockstars

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 00:20:56 UTC 2009

My friend Scott has need of someone to help him with his website for a new project of his.  It should be pretty interesting.  I'm forwarding an email he sent me to post to the NB list.  You can contact him directly.

Mitch.

--------------------

Hello Noise Bridge folks.

I wanted to tell you all about an interesting collaborative project
that maybe you can participate in called SCIENTISTS ARE THE NEW
ROCKSTARS. It's a stage show that will also be live webcast and open
cc licensed that explores the intersection of Science and Art with a
heavy emphasis on garage tech and diy sustainability.

The live stage show officially will launch in November.

soooo... I need help developing the website for the project. I don't
have much of a budget, but I could scratch something up I'm sure.

I think that what I would need would be a decent looking Wordpress
site that could host the streaming programs as well as the blog that I
write for NPR Science Friday (Science and Art)

To give you some background and insight into the things I do, for the
past 10 years I've been running these things: www.lostfilmfest.org and
www.eviltwinbooking.org
. I also work with The Yes Men doing logistics and outreach on occasion.

here's some press on the new project:

http://diydays.com/2009/07/scientist-rockstars/

http://issuu.com/theunionweekly/docs/64.04

Thanks so much!