[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: chanology

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:00:55 UTC 2009

  A friend recently wrote me, on behalf of another friend,
  seeking guest speakers on Chanology:

   --------- begin message ----------
    Hey Jason:

    Was talking to Tim King the other day.  As you may know, he
    has a class on internet memes at SCU and later Cal.  He
    wanted to invite some chanologers who were near day 0 of
    when things started to get organized and basically get them
    to act as a guest speaker in class (wearing Guy Fawkes mask
    if wanted)... I remember you had some folks from noisebridge
    who were involved.  Do you have anybody you'd think would be
    interested?

    I don't think there's gonna be an honorarium, but Tim said
    he'd treat them to beers afterwards and (I think) compensate
    for travel costs.
   --------- end message ----------

  Tim King, the instructor, specializes in Mayan runes and
  studied at Stanford with some of my other friends. The friend
  who wrote me this message, who shall remain anonymous, was the
  friend who introduced me to internet memes a few years ago. To
  him I attribute my tendency to randomly charge my lazers and
  shoop-da-whoop, heedless of the social situation.

  If anyone would like to help out Tim King with his class,
  please let me know and I will connect the dots to put you in
  touch.

--
Jason Dusek