[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Dojo up and running, and in the mainstream news -- grand opening next week

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:42:47 UTC 2009

When we first started using Google calendar for tracking our increasingly
busy schedule, it was with the caveat that if there was anything comparable
that was an open source solution, we'd really rather use that.  As Tom
accurately points out, although it's pretty easy to give folks access to
edit the calendar, the functionality remains Google's purview.

There were other arguments such as "why grow your own when there's something
easy to use, such as Google calendar out there?"  While this certainly does
have merit, the argument becomes weak when we have a member already working
on an open source application.  Having seen the cool stuff that Tom and team
have come up with for Burning Man, I think it would be great to have that
sort of advanced event scheduling capabilities for Noisebridge as well.

Christie
---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.
    - RFC 1925