[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Dojo up and running, and in the mainstream news -- grand opening next week

deleTed arbzed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:31:55 UTC 2009

I don't think Jeff Lindsay is making any claim about the Dojo's
originality here.  He's saying there wasn't a good 24-hour place to
hang out and hack in the South Bay.  (Which is not strictly true:
there was Happy Donuts in Palo Alto, but there you have to fight for
power sockets with Stanford Pre-Meds... and of course eat donut after
donut until you feel sick)

Anyway, lest there be any doubt, HackerDojo explicitly hat-tips to NB
on their front page:

"Spiritual cousins include The Crucible in Oakland, Cellspace,
noisebridge, and Hat Factory in San Francisco, and Bucketworks in
Milwaukee, WI - all community centers dedicated to their own forms of
creation and craftsmanship, and TechShop for the more hardware
oriented in Menlo Park. We'd like to offer this kind of community for
computer-oriented folks in the mid-Peninsula."

dlt