[Noisebridge-discuss] A ROYAL PROCLAMATION - The schedule for Sep. 17th Five Minutes of Fame at 2169 Mission

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:04:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Nathan <nejucomo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will there be any recordings of these presentation?  I'd luuuv to see
> every topic listed, but I have a conflict.  (Speaking of which, it's
> an ASL test...  Is there an ASL meeting on the 16th?)
>
> If there are not already recording plans, would anyone be interested
> in recording/publishing a library of video recordings for the 5moF
> talks?  I imagine them as individual snippets.

We have been doing video recordings of the presentations since May. Some of
them are already up on youtube (you can also see them at 5mof.net if you
click on "archive"). We are still processing the videos from July and
August, but they should be up shortly.

> Of course this would require speaker permission -and audience too,
> although as an audience member I would prefer video recordings to
> exclude me and focus on the speaker.  If the frame is focused on the
> speaker, does it sound plausible to acquire permission on a per-talk
> basis?

Every speaker is given the opportunity to opt out of either being recorded
or having their videos publicly posted online. Generally the videos only
capture the speakers and their presentation, although occasionally a talk
will involve audience participation. If an issue arises with recording an
audience member, we address it on a case by case basis.

> I have no camera, but I could operate it and help with the website.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated, as 5MoF is a community effort that takes a
quite a bit of time and energy to pull off. Feel free to contact me off-list
for ways you could help out!