[Noisebridge-discuss] Linux Ethernet-over-IP tunnels

Ryan Castellucci ryan.castellucci at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:56:32 UTC 2009

Newer versions of linux and iproute2 support standard ethernet over ip.

ip tunnel add mode etherip local [localip] remote [remoteip]

on both ends with the remote and local addrs reversed.

This has no encryption.  Just a naked ethernet frame wraped with a
tasty ip header.

Ryan Castellucci http://ryanc.org/