[Noisebridge-discuss] Gender & Technology followups from 5Mof

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Fri Sep 18 10:05:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:59 AM, maymay <bitetheappleback at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! :) I enjoyed yours.[0]
> [0] http://identi.ca/notice/10267575

Re. the hand signals thing - that's actually just me; I didn't learn
it in massage school. It's a carryover from my martial arts training,
probably very parallel to what you know from BDSM safewords (esp. the
common 'traffic light' pattern).

But I've found it very useful in other areas (especially where one
person has extrinsic reasons for not responding immediately in normal
ways), so I spread the meme.

Will punt on the rest until I'm more sentient (and others have had a
crack at it, as I figure they will).

- Sai