[Noisebridge-discuss] who wants to be a press contact?

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Fri Sep 18 18:10:03 UTC 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Rachel McConnell wrote:

> andy will you set up these 2 as mailing lists -- well, it should be
> one
> mailing list and the other should be an alias -- and then whoever is
> interested can get on them?  Is it possible to have mailman send a
> notice to new subscribers saying something like,

after some discussion with alex last night, we agreed that we'd have
an informal 'how do deal with the bleeping press' session at 7 on
tuesday, right before the general meeting. of course, happily open to
all who care to pick our brains, and the many of you that have dealt
with press that want to correct us.

we also agreed that we'd both be on the lists, and that we both felt a
little queasy about actually talking to press on behalf of NB. neither
of us was 100% why, but media talking to itself is always awkward.
except in the case of cable news. where it is just evil. anyway.

7pm next tuesday, it's stretch, but lets call it 'media training'!