[Noisebridge-discuss] current events?

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:10:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Lee Sonko <lee at lee.org> wrote:
> Sunday: Go Playing of the Go boardgame at 3pm. On nice days we often take
> the boards to Dolores part and play there.

I hope this one is still happening.  I also noticed "Locks!" every
OTHER Sunday at the same time (3pm)... but which Sunday is the other
Sunday?  Seems there is no way to know.

> Tuesday: Haskell/Haschool - Learn Haskell with Jason Dusek. 6PM - 7:30PM,
> from May until we're all experts.

Apparently this was replaced by a Formal Methods group whose existence
is not widely publicized.  From an email sent by Mr Dusek on June 11
2009:

 I and a couple of other people are gathering on Sundays, at
 14:00, to work through "Conceptual Mathematics", by F. William
 Lawvere and Stephen Hoel Schanuel; others are welcome to join.

 Along with this reading group, we have a new mailing list to
 coordinate those of us interested in lambda calculus, type
 theory, distributed systems proofs and other formal methods in
 computer science. It's called:

   formal-methods at lists.noisebridge.net