[Noisebridge-discuss] free servers -- and other stuff

Bill Pollock bill at nostarch.com
Thu Sep 24 06:33:18 UTC 2009

555 De Haro Street in one of the upstairs offices. I just have to get to
the janitor to let someone in. I asked him to hold onto them until at
least Friday. (Apparently, a whole pile of stuff was dumped yesterday
including a bunch of Kinesis keyboards. Urgh.)

I grabbed a photo with my phone -- low res but it will give some idea.
You can download it here:

http://snipurl.com/s2xgc   [www_yousendit_com]

I don't know anything about these but they probably work and they're
free. I'm guessing the larger server rack could also be had.

Also, there are some large file cabinets which NB could probably take if
there's any use for them.

If NB wants them it's just a matter of getting in and taking them out.

There are a bunch of older desktops out in back of the building now (by
the dumpster at the back of the parking lot), together with a bunch of
old monitors. There might be some good machines in there and there are
certainly some good parts. If people want them just go get them, if they
haven't already been picked up by the garbage people. There are a few
desks too; maybe a couple of chairs.

Bill