[Noisebridge-discuss] M.A.I.D. was: Freespace / slackspace file system

Mountain Sky mountainoceansky at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:19:48 UTC 2009

> > 2) Have the whole shebang frequently re-install itself equi-informationally
> > into the fragged niches, overwriting any chinks it used to occupy and
> > rooting out the fresh bits?
>
> I don't understand thius one.

Sorry, that wasn't clear. I mean, have the entire program re-write all
its data sets, including the re-writing program that keeps reinstalling
itself. It would do this without taking stock of what data chunks are
in short supply, and simply evenly distribute all the information
equally across not only the fragmented places it used to occupy, but
also any new niches that opened up, making it as dynamic of a system as
the file structure inside of which it hides.

This doesn't sound particularly efficient real-time load-wise, but it would be an annoying viral thing code-wise.

--says the starry-nosed mole rat, mind you.