[Noisebridge-discuss] AVR hacking tonight at 7

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Mon Sep 28 02:00:34 UTC 2009

Boy, it's a little hardware-dependent on programmers, boards (and our
particular SWARM code, at least tonight).

If you want to try out the toolchain, we could theoretically burn one
of your hex files if you send it to us... or if you have an arduino
board you can load a hex file you make with avr-gcc.

Or if this is popular maybe we should make a more official class out
of it and actually prepare some material... ;)

-J

Christoph Maier wrote:
> Sounds exactly like what the doctor ordered ... but I'm in San Diego. Is it feasible to follow remotely, and if so, how?
>
> Christoph
>
> On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 18:05 -0700, Jonathan Foote wrote:
>> In concert with some SWARM development, we'll be getting up to speed
>> with AVR atmega 168 programming using the FOSS gcc/avrdude toolchain
>> and two kinds of programmers. If you want to explore beyond
>> Arduino-level programming come on by and we'll get you set up with a
>> toolchain and a hello world.