[Noisebridge-discuss] getting that goddamned mill to work

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Mon Sep 28 21:49:18 UTC 2009

Waitaminit, I thought we was leet hakerz! Looking at the linuxcnc
setup, it's pretty straightforward to interface with a parallel port
if we can find the stepper and encoder signals.

http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2installsetup/page4.html

I've done that before on another project and it went pretty well:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/headrotor/3549404637/in/photostream/

If I have permission to poke at the mill controller boards I can take
a look tonight.

Someone want to find a PC with a serial port and install the linuxcnc
ubuntu image?