[Noisebridge-discuss] laser cutter.... CNC plasma cutter for the boxshop

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 04:23:40 UTC 2009

To be clear a CNC plasma cutter is a completely different animal than a
laser cutter.  They don't cut any of the same materials.  A laser cutter is
really appropriate for the sorts of stuff we're into.  (i.e. little and not
metal)  While TechShop has both, there are TONS of reasons why we wouldn't
want to have to rely on theirs (not the least of which is you have to take a
class, typically offered only a few different times a month, before you can
use it.  They also close their doors at night too, just like any other
business.

Christie
---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.