[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Jeff Tchang jeff.tchang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:47:43 UTC 2009

I don't particularly like the idea of having doors or gates at all
inside the space. One of the aspects I enjoy about 2169 is how open
everything is. There is nothing stopping someone from roaming around,
finding something interesting, and tinkering with it. To me this is a
positive. If someone wants to take a look at our server space / DJ
booth so be it. All too often the networking / server room is a black
box in many organizations. Lets not have it be the same at Noisebridge

For parties just tell everyone to stay away (or rope off the area). A
gate that I need to use a keycard or any kind of access control for
seems a bit over the top.

Even back at 83c the machine room was never really locked. Having a
door was just convenient since it would get loud if someone was using
the equipment.

-Jeff