[Noisebridge-discuss] Temporary Locker Space (vs/ shelves)

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Sep 30 20:47:09 UTC 2009

grey wrote:
> on acquiring them inexpensively.  How expensive are they?  Could be
> handy to have some I'd say.
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Martin Bogomolni <martinbogo at gmail.com
> <mailto:martinbogo at gmail.com>> wrote:
<snip>
>     their surplus department.   They are basically what you'd imagine,
>     small square lockers, 15 per cabinet (3x5) with a place to put a
>     standard padlock or combination lock.    I was thinking that they
<snip>
>     The cabinets are being sold for $25 each.

For < $2 per locker, we should get a bunch.  It is not necessary that
locks are actually usedm but some people are more comfortable with the
ability to lock up their projects and equipment; I read this as defense
against new people who are not aware of the meaning of the labeled
shelves more than distrust of fellow members.  It's not like we have any
kind of initiation where people coming in get explained to them What is
What.

Unless there is great outcry I will put up $50 for two of these cabinets.

Rachel