[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Wed Sep 30 22:07:05 UTC 2009

Jason Dusek wrote:
>   I second the idea of making the DJ booth lockable; it would be
>   a good secure storage space for parties and it's just as well
>   if we protect the servers during parties. When we expand the
>   kitchen, I will push for locks all over it.

This is perhaps a moot point since interest in a chemistry lab seems to
have waned in my absence, but it merits pointing out that if hazardous
chemicals (e.g., strong acids/bases, mutagens, poisonous substances) are
stored at the space, for insurance and/or legal reasons it will probably
be necessary to store them under lock and key. IANAL, consult your local
insurance policy, &c, &c.

--mlp