[Noisebridge-discuss] EVENT REMINDER TONIGHT: DORKBOT, MONOCHROM & GAMEBRIDGE

Alex Peake empowerthyself at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 01:44:45 UTC 2010

Hello Gamebridge!

Welcome to Gamebridge Unityversity. We teach and collaborate on game development with Unity and other technologies to newbs and 1337s alike.

We have a new crest for our newly named Gamebridge Unityversity:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Gamebridge

Check out the ponies pissant!

Tonight is a special Gamebridge.

Come for Gamebridge and also enjoy another awesome event at the same time, Monochrom's book release party for Ye Old Self-Referentiality!

We're also going to be at Dorkbot which starts at 7PM beforehand.

Monochrom is a group which has produced interactive adventure video games.

Their game is about glorious culture of Soviet Unterzoegersdorf which neighbors Capitalist Austria.

http://www.monochrom.at/suz-game/sektor2/index_en.htm

We'll meet at Noisebridge at 8PM and hack on games while Monochrom's lineup of performers plays electronic music and then we'll see the unveiling of their new book!

See you there!

Here's the details:

WHEN: We meet up on Wednesday nights around 8:00 and do game development at Noisebridge at 2169 Mission St..

NEWBS RTFM: If it's your first night, you can make a game if you want. We'll help you get started. There's great tutorials to start with that will have you playing your own game in no time.

1337 DEVS HACK: Bring your game projects and collaborate!

Gamebridge: All kinds of game development are welcome at Gamebridge including different platforms, "non-technical" game artists, writers, programming styles and technologies.

Unityversity: The Unityversity department focuses on Unity Engine collaboration and learning. Unity is free to make games with and absurdly easy to learn in a group environment like Unityversity where you can ask questions of your fellow developers.

New Crest

Primer

ALSO HAPPENING TONIGHT:

/*====== BEFORE GAMEBRIDGE ========= */

DORKBOT!

dorkbotSF #50 April 21 2010
place:
GAFFTA (Gray Area Foundation For the Arts)
55 Taylor
San Francisco, CA
$5-$20 donations for our hosts GAFFTA. No one turned away for lack of funds

speakers: Todd Huffman - The Front Lines of Geek Imperialism
Annalee Newitz - Revenge of the Meatsack, or Four Arguments Against Immortality
Eric Gradman - The Cloud Mirror: Your Virtual Self is Leaking

MC Jonathan Foote
More informatin here (http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotsf/archivev/201004-1)

/*====== DURING GAMEBRIDGE ========= */

MONOCHROM BOOK PARTY!

== monochrom #26-34: Ye Olde Self-Referentiality ==
== Release reading/party at Noisebridge ==
== Featuring Special Guest STARPAUSE SOUND SYSTEM and HARBOUR & MUSHEN / V. Vale / SFSlim / David Fine / Jonathan Mann / Aestetix ==
== April 21, 2010, 8 PM ==

The phatzine monochrom #26-34 (Goat of 1k Young) is an impossibility in an impossible universe — an unpeculiar mixture of proto-aesthetic fringe work, pop attitude, subcultural science and political activism.
500 pages (67 ounces) of outrageous printed bestiality.
And we plan to thoughtfully present it at Noisebridge.

Details here: http://www.monochrom.at/mono/monochrom26-34/

== WTF is monochrom print? ==

monochrom is a magazine object appearing in telephone book format, which is published by the art/tech group of the same name. monochrom came into being in the mid-1990s as a fanzine for cyberculture, science, theory, cultural studies and the archaeology of pop culture in everyday life.
Its collage format is reminiscent both of the early DIY fanzines of the punk and new wave underground and of the artist books of figures such as Dieter Roth, Martin Kippenberger and others.
With a great deal of forced discontinuity, a cohesive potpourri of digital and analog subversion is pressed between the covers of monochrom. Each issue is an unnostalgic amalgam of 125 years of Western counterculture cocked, aimed and ready to fire at the present. It is a Sears catalog of subjective and objective irreconcilability -- the Godzilla version of the conventional coffee table book.

Alex Peake
Corsetier http://www.tacticalcorsets.com
Primerist http://www.openprimer.org
empowerthyself at gmail.com
805-456-9977
"What is meant by evolution? It's the choice species have got:
extinction or adaptation. Survive's an option. Change is not."