[Noisebridge-discuss] PyGameSF meetup Thursday April 29th 6pm @ Main San Francisco Public Library

Harry Tormey slander at unworkable.org
Tue Apr 27 05:04:11 UTC 2010

Hi All,
The April PyGameSF meet up will be at the STONG conference room on the first floor
of the main San Francisco public library beside civic center BART. The library closes
at 8pm so we will reconvene to frjtz on hayes street for dinner/drinks afterwords.
This month's presentations are:

* Colin Bean: Complex visualization with Pyglet and NumPy.

An introduction to how complex numbers can be visualized ad 2D geometry, how geometric
transformations can be described as operations on complex numbers, and how basic complex
functions can produce visually striking results. Visualization code will be provided using
Pyglet and NumPy.  The material is based on Tristan Needham's book
"Visual Complex Analysis".

* Harry Tormey: Mobile games to make you move around.

Obesity has been cited as a contributing factor to approximately 100,000 to 400,000 deaths
per year in the USA alone. To help address this problem the company I work for is having a
competition to create an Android app that inspires and tracks physical movement using our
API's: https://snaptic.com/challenge/. The grand prize for this competition : An all expenses
paid trip to TED Global 2010.

I will be demoing an example open source exercise tracking Android app and an accompanying pylons
based web stack which displays information captured via the phone. Talk will cover: An introduction
to Android, mobile data capture  techniques and displaying information captured from the phone via
a python based web backend using the Snaptic API (http://snaptic.com/developers/).

--
Harry Tormey
Co Founder P2P Research