[Noisebridge-discuss] FW: Toyota

Don French dcfrench at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 04:58:32 UTC 2010

Rotary encoders have evolved a bit since the days of reel-to-reel tape
recorders.  They are incredibly dependable these days for one thing.  And if
one is used to control the speed of the vehicle, it would almost certainly
provide the absolute angle of rotation rather than a relative value based on
two bits of constantly changing information.  I believe that the gentleman
was speculating based on his prior experience with what was practically a
stone-age control system.  Does Toyota publish the specifics of their speed
control system?

-- Don