[Noisebridge-discuss] what could we do with one of these babies..

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Thu Apr 15 15:26:35 UTC 2010

Nice piece of kit.

But programming any kind of useful behavior is capital-H HARD. I think
their business model is to sell to researchers (like the UCB towel
folding people), and by using the open source model they get the
benefit if anyone figures it out. If  they had a killer app they'd be
selling it to do that, right?

In fact, it's not clear how "open" their hardware platform is (can we
get schematics and part sources at cost?)  so "open" may actually be
an abuse of the term...