[Noisebridge-discuss] Shaker/Incubator: May I get some help with mechanical construction

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Apr 29 05:21:29 UTC 2010

You're videos are awesome! They help me communicate what I want to do. It
also helps me see there are more kinds of shakers than the kind that I have
watched other people use (and it shows me the names of them - I didn't know
I was talking about an orbital shaker).

Also, you're right, I can move the sample to the smaller size - the mason
jar example was too large. I was thinking of cooking up a bottle of LB and
what it would fit in while in an incubator/shaker. However, I'm dealing with
such smaller volumes, I don't need to think of that level...

Unfortunately, the sales prices that I saw were in the $300+ range. I'm
hoping to make something very similar for < $50...  I'd rather buy so I can
actually get on with the experiment I'm trying to do... Alas, I can't afford
that luxury :(

I have a much smaller budget than those large grant underwritten
institutions :(

Glen