[Noisebridge-discuss] Gopher Archive - Download A Piece of Internet History

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Apr 29 18:17:32 UTC 2010

Wow! I just searched for an active gopher site to test (gopher://quux.org/).
And, chrome thought it was a search instead of actually using the protocol.
And, Safari didn't know how to deal with it at all.

Firefox (my current version is 3.6.2), on the other hand, still handled the
site as it should have.

We've certain bridged the gap from gopher to www -- no question about it --
so, I can see why it is phased out now. I was just surprised that it was....
 I had to knock some dust off of those corners...

Cheers,

Glen