[Noisebridge-discuss] [dorkbotsf-blabber] google war driving

karen marcelo karen at srl.org
Fri Apr 30 09:10:52 UTC 2010

whats disconcerting is that a search engine/ad co. is logging this.  the post mentions possible correlation of traffic with
one's home address and ISP billing info in some future app is what's getting the germans all uptight about it.

ppl made a big stink about cel phone location tracking and privacy years ago so only 911 can track your location and far as i know its still illegal for others to track it.  i guess through time people arent caring as much about privacy and people will gladly relinquish the info for the right app.  if it was illegal for phones why not hubs too.  sounds like the germans are still/more skittish over things like this.  how many grandmothers with flashing 12:00s on their devices will know about encryption or randomizing MAC addresses