[Noisebridge-discuss] Hidden Markov Model Study Group, Wednesday @ 9:00pm

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Tue Aug 3 03:33:37 UTC 2010

Hey everyone!

There seems to be a good amount of interest in Hidden Markov
Models lately, so it seems wise for the ML group to get involved
with them.

This week @ 9:00pm, in the back classroom, I'm hoping we can form
a little HMM study group, and the following week (or weeks, or whenever)
present or have workshops on applications of HMMs. One particular thing
I'm interested in using HMMs for is speech recognition, so I'll bone
up on both the math behind HMMs and that particular application before
this week's meeting and give a mini-math-primer if necessary.

See you Wednesday!

  mike

P.S. I cc'ed the noisebridge-discuss list. If you're unfamiliar with the
machine learning group at NB, hello! Check out the wiki:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Machine_Learning