[Noisebridge-discuss] Old edition Computer books + babylon 5 miniatures

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Fri Aug 6 00:53:42 UTC 2010

My friend Annie writes:

Hey there:

I have a whole buncho computer books from when I was in college (early
90s) and shortly after (late 90s).  A lot of these books have newer
editions now so I can't sell them.  But honestly, I don't really think
much has changed in the new editions, it's just a way for the
publishers to get more money.  Anywho, probably great for someone who
didn't go do a CS degree in school but is interested in learning on
their own.

I also have a collection of babylon 5 miniatures from that same era,
which might or might not be worth any money.  I don't know, I don't
care. I have a new baby, I am too busy.

I would prefer the stuff to go as a lot so I don't have to think about
it anymore.  I am in Oakland, walking distance from MacArthur bart
station, but I wouldn't attempt walking with all these books.

Below are most of the titles, I got lazy after a while.  Email me at
grow_power at yahoo.com (annie) if you are interested.

_A

Digital Systems and Hardware/Firmware algorithms
structured computer organization
unix power tools
introduction to algorithms
principles of computer systems (with disk!)
object oriented software engineering
computer networks (tanenbaum)
operating systems design and implementation (tanenbaum)
data structures and algorithm analysis in c++
operating system concepts
the practice of programming
class construction in c and c++
c++ and object oriented programming
c a reference manual
c for java programmers
c chest and other c treasures from dr. dobb's journal
perl cookbook
programming perl