[Noisebridge-discuss] food preparation class by Frantisek, Tastebridge

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 21:01:54 UTC 2010

Food Preparation Class by Frantisek organizer - Tastebridge where&when - from 5
pm, Tuesday 10th of August at Noisebridge  HI to All! There is a basic cooking
class happening tomorrow. The class is free, donations to cover expenses and to
generate more funds for Tastebridge projects are appreciated as always.
Projects  Bramboraky - classical Czech dish made from potatoes, white flour,
eggs, garlic and maioran (and several other optional things; vegetarian/omnivore
optional)   Rypl - "Chodska klasika" - very simple Czech dish, including
potatoes, white flavour (optional), salt and optional spices; vegan option  Rice
Noodels - boiled rice noodles mixed with olive oil, olives, sun dried tomatoes,
(cheese optional) and several optional ingredients; vegan option if you like
Kombucha - nice and straight forward class on kombucha preparation, so you are
ready for much more detailed Naomi's workshop in two weeks time. Basics of scoby
(mother) handling, growing medium preparation, culture batch preparation, data
collection etc. Tasting of previous kombucha and cooler batches.     OK people
who are interested, talk to me or even better, sign for Tastebridge discussion
list Tastebridge at lists.noisebridge.net and we will go through the event there.
The food will be tested, ohh sorry, served at Noisebridge member meeting.  Take
care,  Frantisek  PS I'm also looking for someone to get me half gallon or
gallon of rum to prepare "airkognak/vajecnak" special drink which we drink in
Czech Republic and Germany. I would like to split the product half on half with
donor and Tastebridge, if you could cover the costs that would be wonderful,
however we can try to share. I need good rum, organic wild range eggs,
evaporated milk, cinnamon and at least two weeks of maturing time. Whoever is
interested please talk to me, it is great drink, girls love it especially (bit
similar as eggnog)! I wish I could say that after drinking this “ambrosia” they
would not reject you anything but alas after years of intensive testing it is
not completely true ...