[Noisebridge-discuss] Make a vacuuming coffeemaker?

Elizabeth Sarah Quirk Goodman elizabethsqg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:07:50 UTC 2010

Hey people,
My grandfather was an electrical engineer very interested in
technology (he worked on the Apollo space project).  His dream robot
was a vacuum-cleaning robot that made coffee and sort of randomly
wandered around the house.  Now that Roombas exist, having heard about
Noisebridge my mother wants to commission someone to make a durable
combination of Roomba and coffee pot.  The problem is you can't just
put a coffeemaker on a Roomba, especially not if you have shaky hands
and it has to be plugged in and so on.   Thus an apparatus is needed:
it has to hold together securely, the coffeemaker has to be washable
of course and actually be a good coffeemaker, and it can't require
constantly buying unusual batteries (so preferably rechargable).  If
you think this would be fun let me know, or rather let Mom know, and
you can talk budget, timing and later final price. Or recommend
someone of course.
Thanks,
Quirk