[Noisebridge-discuss] Zergbridge R&D

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 22:03:06 UTC 2010

Hey all.  Our weekly LAN party is shaping up.  We've got a strong set of
regulars with even the old macs able to get in on the action.  Killing Floor
has been our drug of choice, but we are nearing capacity for a good match of
TF2 or who knows what else.  We got in a couple of matches of Multiwinia as
well, of which I am the humble reigning champion.

Next week we've decided to add a twist to our sessions.  That would be the D
in 'Zergbridge R&D'.  As a way of expanding our horizons as well as our frag
counts we are going to begin our sessions with a collaborative game
development project.  The idea is simple:  concept to market in a single
sitting.  We will work together to come up with a game idea and finish it
during the same day.  There is pretty heavy interest in Android development
amongst those I've talked to, so we will no doubt be focusing on that for
our first meeting, but we'll evolve our platform as we smooth out the bumps
and start getting a feel for the interests of the people involved.

So if you are interested in taking part in game development drop by
Noisebridge (2169 Mission) this Saturday around 3pm -- all skill levels
invited.  If you're just in for the games, stop by a little later, maybe
around 6pm, depending on how our dev session goes.  If you want to play but
aren't sure of your setup, bring in your machine and we'll get you up and
running.

I'm going to put together a private email list to avoid spamming the group,
so if you're interested in keeping in the loop email me directly.

Hope to see you there.

--
Robert T. Fletcher
309.242.0653