[Noisebridge-discuss] August 19th Five Minutes of Fame pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 07:12:08 UTC 2010

My dear Noisebridge,

We've finished another month. Four left to go with me along. Either a
blessing or a curse, all things depending.

Before analysis, let's indulge in some reflection. We each, in our own
minds, have a notion of what happened on Thursday. To some it was good, to
some bad, and none of the notions are the same. Each of us had a different
picture of what things would become, and what they were. We all bring our
different backgrounds, and together we create what is. This is one of the
beauties of us all coming together: if a single person who showed up did
not, we would have had an entirely different event, which means that all of
you mattered, whatever role you played.

There's a lot to any event, and there's a certain spirit which holds it
together, and makes people connect all those memories together and label it
as such. A vibe, maybe? The spirit which you all create, which we all
create. That is how each month contains its own, and yet they are all
unified together somehow. By examining spirit and vibe, 5MoF becomes an
organic entity, which ultimately assumes its own opinions and
responsibilities, and thus eventually transcends the will and efforts of its
creator.

We'll get more into this as the end and beginning draws closer. Thanks to
all the usual suspects, as well as Frantisek and Naomi, our culinary
crafters. To the crew, the speakers, and most of all, the tiny demons who
don't yet know that they will soon be a part of this.

Your affectionate uncle,
aestetix