[Noisebridge-discuss] Jacob Applebaum detained upon arriving in U.S.

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:19:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Curly Wurly <curlywurly22987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know how anyone involved with WikiLeaks can sleep at night
> knowing that their actions will likely result in someone's death.
> It's immoral and irresponsible.  Just because someone has the smarts
> to set up something like WikiLeaks doesn't mean they have the wisdom
> to think through the consequences.  This is something newspapers
> wrestle with though, so perhaps in the future those involved could
> simply ask the NY Times, LA Times, or Washington Post "Would you
> publish this?"

How could one trust these papers as a war reporting gateway, after
years of stomach-turning pro-war cheerleading -- regurgitated pentagon
press releases, embedded "journalists" eager to keep their security
clearances, stories and photos ignored while being published in other
papers around the world?

I sleep a little better each night knowing sites like WikiLeaks are
still online.  What keeps me up is paying taxes to the US
invasion/occupation forces, and thinking about the thousands of people
already needlessly dead :(

--mark B.