[Noisebridge-discuss] Jacob Applebaum detained upon arriving in U.S.

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:21:52 UTC 2010

As to WL being the cause of deaths...I don't really think they have any more
blood on their hands than any other source that declassifies information. I
mean, for the particular instance cited below, its not like they
indiscriminately release information without scrutinizing it first. They are
holding back names to try and protect them. So, how is this any different
than the government declassifying information? IMO, I doubt the government
really has any true idea if declassifying info will put people at risk or
not, it just seems more "official", so it makes some people sleep better at
night.

I think Wikileaks serves a pretty important purpose that is missing
now-a-days. If the government/military was more transparent in some of their
shadier dealings, we wouldn't need to have a place like Wikileaks. I'm not
saying we broadcast classified info before something happens, but when
someone asks a question, they deserve an honest answer. Since the government
is currently unwilling to provide that to anyone, enter Wikileaks. If the
government really wants to stop WL or sites like it from publishing, they
should start being honest.

Sean