[Noisebridge-discuss] Burning Man roll call

Anselm Hook anselm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 21:12:03 UTC 2010

I'm heading out Tues prior to the burn - and taking the ranger
mentoring if not late.

For me I am looking forward to taking a shot at helping facilitate the
artists this year. I think of myself as an artist but since I have a
core technical competence I have often helped facilitate technical art
projects. I see the ranger role as similar - offering to help take
other issues off of artists shoulders such that they can focus on
creative work.

I took ranger training at juplaya in july (thanks to Todd Huffman,
Trevor Ellermann, Paige Saez and friends for making me go!) and was
very impressed by how thoughtful these folks were and how hard it was
to offer to be a third party neutral voice to help resolve disputes -
especially since it is volunteer and there is no real authority per
se. Highly recommend doing this if you can - total eye opener.