[Noisebridge-discuss] flag

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Aug 4 22:34:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 12:34:27PM -0700, Robert Fletcher wrote:
> I took the flag down.

Awesome, thanks for doing a thing rather than not doing it.

It would be great, though, to have done any of
1. left a note
2. told anyone (I asked at least a dozen people who are regularly in the
   space if they knew what'd happened, nobody seemed to have any idea)
3. sent an email to the list
4. said anything on IRC
5. left the flag in a findable place (apparently it was in a box, on an
   out of the way shelf, with a bunch of other stuff)

I don't care *what* kind of communication you choose, just choose *one*
of them. :)

> I had no idea it was a gift or who from.  Walking in
> and seeing the space dominated by a giant pirate flag just didn't seem to be
> a good way to represent Noisebridge as a whole.  Where it's located now
> seems like a much better place.  Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.

Interesting perspective, I have a different perspective on the symbolism
but I can see where you're coming from.  And yeah, it was too visually
dominant in its original position.

Anyways, thanks again for do-ocracy and for syncing up here.

-andy