[Noisebridge-discuss] flag

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Aug 6 23:37:58 UTC 2010

On 08/04/2010 12:34 PM, Robert Fletcher wrote:
> I took the flag down.  I had no idea it was a gift or who from.  Walking in
> and seeing the space dominated by a giant pirate flag just didn't seem to be
> a good way to represent Noisebridge as a whole.  Where it's located now
> seems like a much better place.  Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.

It's not a pirate flag.

It's a parody (German Post vs. CCC) that is precisely representative of
a bunch of Noisebridgers as a whole.

The flag is an important gift and has an intensely symbolic value that
only comes by earning it. The fact that the CCC gifted us with the flag
is absolutely epic.

Blagh,
Jake