[Noisebridge-discuss] dealing with a troubled young lady? Discuss it on today's member meeting?

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Tue Aug 10 18:40:28 UTC 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:

> Hello to All,
> Well I've met this girl yesterday, directly after her arrival to Noisebridge. I'm not able to say how deep is her expertise or "anything else" so I've treated her as anyone else who is at Noisebridge first time, with strengthening the "calm down" issue.
>
> I've recommended her to sign for the discussion mailing list and post what projects she is up to and sign it also for discussion for up coming Noisebridge member meeting (Today at 8 pm). In that way, we can see as a group what is the story. I prefer to wait for the meeting and for more members to be present to make decision. I think that there should not be any "major event" before than, at least I hope.
>
> One thing what I can say for sure, she is extremely dedicated, alas I do not know to what, I was not able to catch her drift.
>
> What do you think?

I doubt the mailing list is a good idea. If this is Erin Emerson, she presents as pretty severely schizophrenic. I doubt she would cause any trouble, and I like the idea of her being welcome within our community, as long as people understand what the disease is and does.  As long as we...

> On 8/10/10 11:09 AM, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
>> I would suggest talking to the sister in private then.  Perhaps do some googling on her name to see if she is missing.  you know normal stuff

...don't get involved.