[Noisebridge-discuss] packet radio arduino shield

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Aug 11 21:48:46 UTC 2010

Not with the shield, but with the OpenTracker+.  His designs are pretty
good, but they're kind of a pain to work with.  The Radio Shield looks
better, but it's still not quite hackable enough for me.

This is why I'm working on an all-software APRS/AX.25/AFSK1200 modulator for
AVR.  The output stage is a 1b DAC: 2 resistors and a cap.  It's working,
but the code needs a little bit of cleaning up.
http://github.com/jbm9/ArdPRS .  I haven't started on receive, mostly
because it's not something we're currently using in Project Bacchus.  It
still has a few quirks (I think I know what they are), but you can see it
getting into an IGate at http://aprs.fi/?call=kj6anm-11

AFSK1200 is trivial enough that there really ought to be a totally open/Free
modem/TNC by now.  I like Scott and his products, and appreciate his work
(especially his excellent theory of operation documentation!), but it's time
for the community to move past that.
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
 josh at joshisanerd.com