[Noisebridge-discuss] Possible move to bay area.

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Aug 12 20:45:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:

> So, where neighborhood wise in sf would be worth looking in general?
>
> Bonus points for train stops that will make my daily commutes to
> mountainview suck less.

SF is *very* expensive, but it's also *the* most fun/beset place in the
whole world to live :)  (probably un unsubstantiated non-factual opinion
there :)

There are ver few 'bad' places to live in SF. So, the question is so wide
open it's hard to really address.

If you tell us more about you, your interest, what you're looking for in a
place to live, this would be much easier to answer.

For example, if you want very ethnic, fun, close to a hacker space, cheap
and lots of native burritos, I'd say the Mission.
If you really enjoy the energy of two men holding hands while sitting in the
Sunshine, I'd say the Castro.
If you like beautiful views of the bay and boats, I'd say the Marina
district.
If you're into sports, maybe around Chrissy Field or close to Golden Gate
park for running
If you love the energy of young free hippies and the light smell of weed in
the air, I'd say the Haight.

and, we could go on :)

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe