[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone have a ShevaPlug they'd like to sell?

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Tue Aug 17 03:08:52 UTC 2010

>> Significant net-grumbling about the GuruPlugs overheating, apparently
>> bad PSU design and/or thermal issues:
>> http://1wt.eu/articles/guruplug-slow-heater/
>
> They claim to have fixed that recently.
>
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/news.aspx
>
> I also ordered a GuruPlug Server Plus - for my purposes I don't care
> if it runs hot.  I'll post some notes once I get it.

Cool, love to hear your experiences.

Still looking for a hassle-free little linux board with enough oomph
to run python. Beagleboard took too much kernel dicking and
bootloading mojo, embeddedarm.com not quite powerful enough for
standard distros, FIT-PC was a little underpowered and, ahem,
mobile...

Suggestions welcome.

P.S. There's a new android distro out for the Beagleboard/TI-OMAP, and
I just happen to have a rev C2 bboard gathering dust if anyone is
feeling adventurous.