[Noisebridge-discuss] DIY Scanning Tunneling Microscope

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Aug 17 23:07:23 UTC 2010

Actually, it was resurrected by another group for historical reasons (or
something similar). I don't remember the details, but saw something on this
in an article I read about six months ago. Some old data on GeoCities was
back (although I think some of the content was lost - like some graphics --
but, again, this is from a very vague memory).

Cheers,

Glen

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Martin Bogomolni <martinbogo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Wait, isn't geocities dead?
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Michael Shiloh
> <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > way cool. see also this, which seems a much better description:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/spm_stm/Project.html
> >
> > (for why i prefer this, see my previous rant on youtube documentation)
> >
> > it looks so simple, in theory.
> >
> > On 08/17/2010 09:50 AM, Jonathan Foote wrote:
> >> Uses a cheap piezo transducer for the motion head. Doesn't look that
> hard!
> >>
> >> http://www.chemhacker.com/tags/scanning-tunneling-electron-microscope/
> >>
> >> Anyone think of a good application for atomic-resolution microscopy?
> >>

> > --
> > Sent from my ASR-33

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe