[Noisebridge-discuss] Amateur Radio at Noisebridge?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Aug 22 22:50:59 UTC 2010

On 8/22/10 2:14 PM, Paul Suliin wrote:

> Josh, what sorts of cultural things do you mean?  At the moment I'm
> studying for the exam using books provided by ARRL, so there's not much
> of a cultural aspect to that.

The cram is a product of the fact that there's a predefined pool of
questions, that with about 4 hours of reading you can cram enough of
them into your short term memory that you can pass the test...

So, while you can study, there's not in fact much point per-see as far
as the cram goes. on the other hand if you want to know about the
physics and assumptions that go with the hobby the cram isn't about that.