[Noisebridge-discuss] Art of Electronics [Book]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sun Aug 22 23:00:41 UTC 2010

Kragen Javier Sitaker writes:

> Kragen (who lives in a country that permits copying books for educational use)

I remember being amazed on a visit to a neighboring country when a
number of law school professors started a campaign called "Copying
Books is a Right!" to promote a similar legal norm.

I didn't see a high incidence of book-photocopying when I was a
university student here in the U.S., but it seems ubiquitous elsewhere.

Apart from the copyright angle, there are a number of projects to
help people digitize print books, ending up with a DRM-free ebook,
often with searchable text.  The homebrew versions often use digital
cameras instead of scanners; notably

http://www.bookliberator.com/

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en