[Noisebridge-discuss] Paypal suggestion page

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Tue Aug 31 18:08:32 UTC 2010

Ugh, I just read about this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=paypal+rolling+reserve

Wow, sounds like this is going to be incredibly unpopular.

I know, I know, you're saying "I'm not selling anything", but if you
might get a credit card chargeback, then they have to buffer against
that (originally they just ate the losses - for the first few years
they just put the chargeback notices in a box, b/c they had no idea
what to do with them).

I have no idea whether this will apply only to credit card backed
payments, all payments, or (heaven forbid) balances.
--
It asked me for my race, so I wrote in "human". -- The Beastie Boys