[Noisebridge-discuss] database film-making

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Tue Aug 31 22:10:42 UTC 2010

On 08/31/2010 11:52 AM, Michael Shiloh wrote:
 > Here's a fascinating concept: a database of raw footage is provided,
 > and you can make a film by selecting footage from this database:

An interesting project with hundreds of hours of footage available
online is [NB-regular] Christian Einfeldt's Digital Tipping Point:

http://digitaltippingpoint.com/
http://www.archive.org/details/digitaltippingpoint

--

The band "The Get Out Clause" performed in front of CCTV cameras in 80
locations to make this music video

FOIA'ing and publishing surveillance data should really be done more
often! Has anyone here had any experience with asking for access to the
numerous cameras operated by state and city governments in the bay area?

~leif