[Noisebridge-discuss] safety third

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Aug 31 23:31:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 04:22:05PM -0700, Rachel Lyra Hospodar wrote:
> i had occasion to use the first aid kit recently and felt like its
> contents were a little wanting.  We could use some more basic things
> like medical tape, bandages, and things for cleaning out wounds.  it
> might be nice to also have some topical creams, for burns / cuts etc.
> some antihistamines in case of adverse reactions.
>
> I am curious how this resource is regarded/maintained?

IIRC, Seth bought the first aid kit and installed it.

It would be a great idea to get more stuff for the existing kits, and
more kits installed!  I'd be happy to donate towards such a purchase,
are you willing to research the appropriate kit and order it?  I'm sure
we can find 10 people to kick in $10 towards a really kick-ass first aid
kit.  I know there are "office supply" type mail order places that have
good deals on this stuff, but I don't have time to research more right
now...

> it seems to me
> like we have enough activities that could chop off a finger or cause
> serious burns that it might be worth beefing up what we've got at least
> a little.  Maybe there is already more first aid, somewhere else from
> the old bathroom?

I think there's a big "OSHA style" first aid kit on one of the pillars
in the center of the space.  I don't remember there being much of any
first aid in the bathroom...

> Also after looking at the calendar I am thinking of having a general
> shop safety/project day on wednesdays, although probably not every
> wednesday.  i am curious how people feel about the timing, and what
> kinds of things they might want to work on.

That sounds great!  Maybe "Safety Third Wednesdays" or something like
that?

-andy