[Noisebridge-discuss] [makesf] New Meetup: Make:SF Dec 7th @ Tech Liminal

Malcolm Knapp malcolm.knapp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 15:02:57 UTC 2010

Announcing a new Meetup for Make:SF - the Bay Makers!

*What*: Make:SF Dec 7th @ Tech
Liminal<http://www.meetup.com/makesf/calendar/15608146/>

*When*: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:00 PM

*Where*: TechLiminal
268 14th Street
Oakland, CA 94612
510-832-3401

Hello Makers,

We close out the year with an extra special and extra tasty project: Liquid
Nitrogen Ice Cream! We have got a hold of some of the cold stuff and we will
have it at this month's meetings. So check out the
video<http://revision3.com/systm/icecream>,
find your recipe at
AllRecipes<http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Desserts/Frozen-Treats/Ice-Cream/Top.aspx>
 or Instructables <http://www.instructables.com/id/Ice-Cream-Recipes/> or
just use your own, and come with large metal bowl and a long handled wooden
spoon. If you are interested in making ice cream let us know so we know how
much LN2 we will need. The cost for this mini-project will be $10 for
non-members and $5 for members. Membership is good through June 2011 and
includes some great discounts.

Also we want to see all the neat stuff you made this year so come with your
best project and show it off! See what everyone else has done and get ideas
for next year.

And for more fun the on the Wednesday of that week, our host, Tech Liminal
is having there holiday party <http://techliminal.com/holiday-party-2010/>!
They will be showing off the new Maker Bot, Make:SF will be there as well as
the Fixit Clinic. W hope to see you there!

This fun-for-all-ages event starts at 7:00pm. Children under 14 need to be
accompanied by an adult.

New to Make:SF? Here is what you can do:
- New to making? Come and explore with a fun mini-project.
- Have an idea? Come and we will help you get started making it.
- Making something? Come and demo it. Get feedback and network with the
Makers.
- Come to see the speakers we bring in talk about their projects, tools you
can use, etc.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/makesf/calendar/15608146/