[Noisebridge-discuss] votes on BAHA talk this Sunday Sunday Sunday

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Wed Dec 8 00:00:00 UTC 2010

I don't have a planned subject this time around, and BayThreat is this
weekend, so I won't be producing anything new for this one.

However, there's a few talks I have already canned, any votes?
(I am also open to suggestions and other speakers)

First, there's a "classical crypto" talk I can give on pencil and
paper stuff.  It's actually geared towards high school kids, and so
would be probably too basic for most BAHA members, but maybe reaching
a wider audience might be a good thing from time to time:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/math_rules_cyberspace_20101113/

Also, I have a talk on what makes a good security geek, with a number
of anecdotes:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/good_security_traits/

Also, I can demo dfd_keeper, which is serious network kung-fu:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/dfd_keeper/

Finally, there's a talk on setting up VPNs (darknets).  It covers some
less-discussed aspects of darknetting, like setting up your own
off-grid TLD:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/vpn/

Any of these tickle your fancy?

I think the last one might be kinda timely, given the recent news
about DHS/ICE starting to sieze domain names.  Please consider
showing up if you want to support BAHA.

Did I mention I have stickers?  Check out webpage for the logo.
http://baha.bitrot.info/
--
Good code works on most inputs; correct code works on all inputs.