[Noisebridge-discuss] recyclebridge

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 08:10:10 UTC 2010

Is there a reason noisebridge doesn't recycle other than not having
containers to properly divide recyclables (aluminum cans,
paper/cardboard, composting, etc.)?

If the only reason we're not recycling is the lack of containers, I will
gladly pay for a few big 30-gallon trash bins so that people can throw
away their recyclables in the proper container.

Glass bottles can (and are) re-used instead of thrown out.
Paper/cardboard has no cash value (about one dollar per ton).
Natural stuff can be turned into nitrogen-rich plant food with a little
effort.
Aluminum cans, however, could probably pay for at least part of our
drinks if we recycled them. We just need to know when/where/how to trade
cans for cash.

If anybody knows when/where/how to trade our alumninum cans for cash,
please say something.

Patrick